This year, St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance brought March Madness fans, supporters, and non-fans together with a creative and competitive way for employees to give back. At no cost to the employer, this corporate giving strategy is a WIN all around!
March is full of madness. Basketball madness that is! College basketball fans of all ages and interest levels come together to fill out brackets. March Madness participants also include non-fans who enjoy being part of the excitement. You don’t have to be a college basketball fan to appreciate the players’ passion, close-scoring games, and emotionally-charged upsets.
St. Mary’s Food Bank found a creative and, quite frankly, easy way for company employees to participate in March Madness. This requires no cost to the employer and employee participation is optional. 100% of the funds and cans donated go to St. Mary’s Food Bank. Employees personally donate for each loss. However, each loss is really a WIN! Donations go to food boxes for individuals and families in Arizona who are experiencing hunger. TruPath team members have donated time on several occasions sorting and packing these boxes.
March Madness Food Drive Rules:
- St. Mary’s Food Bank provides the March Madness bracket to be distributed to participants.
- Participants pick winning teams of each game on the bracket and turn the bracket into a team captain.
- Brackets are posted for easy tracking of results or participants can self-score.
- Each loss results in a donation of 1 canned food item OR $0.50. Donations are collected at the end of the tournament.
- The team captain collects all donations and drops them at a St. Mary’s Food Bank location.
The TruPath team collected 42 cans and $70 in donations (losses). The TruPath team will tell you – It’s definitely more fun to lose (or win depending on your perspective) when you are GIVING to a good cause!
Consider partnering with St. Mary’s Food Bank or your local food bank next year for March Madness to get your employees involved in competitive giving.
As a trusted recruitment source since 2002, the recruiters at TruPath have a customizable process that helps partners (clients) feel comfortable in their search for top talent. Contact a TruPath team member today to tell us about your staffing needs.