Hiring a plant manager is a big decision for any company. After all, this person will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of your manufacturing plant.
It’s important to take the time to write a compelling job description that attracts quality candidates. To do this, you’ll need to include information about the plant manager’s role and responsibilities. You should also include a salary range for the position.
To help you get started, we’ve created a plant manager job description template that you can use. You may customize this template to fit the specific needs of your company.
Once you’ve created the job description, be sure to post it on job boards and other online job search engines. You may also want to partner with a staffing agency specializing in manufacturing recruitment.
Plant Manager Job Summary / Job Brief
We are looking for a plant manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our manufacturing plant. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that our plant runs smoothly and efficiently. You will also be responsible for supervising plant employees and ensuring that they adhere to safety regulations.
To be successful in this role, you should have the skills and previous experience managing a manufacturing plant. You should also be familiar with lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodology.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that our plant meets or exceeds production targets while adhering to all safety regulations.
Plant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing plant
- Supervise plant employees and ensure that they adhere to safety regulations
- Ensure that the plant meets or exceeds production targets
- Implement lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodology
- Maintain plant equipment and machinery
- troubleshoot plant issues as they arise
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that plant operations run smoothly
- Keep abreast of new technology and best practices in the manufacturing industry
Plant Manager Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience managing a manufacturing plant
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodology
- In-depth knowledge of plant equipment and machinery
- Updated on industry best practices and trends
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot plant issues
- Multi-tasking capabilities
Plant Manager Certification Requirements
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) or Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) from the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
Plant Manager Salary and Benefits
- Salary is based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and 401(k)
How To Write a Compelling Plant Manager Job Description
Hiring quality candidates starts with writing a plant manager job description that attracts the right talent. Here are some tips for creating a plant manager job description:
- Be clear about what you’re looking for. Include information about the plant manager’s roles and responsibilities. You should also include a salary range for the position if possible.
- Use keyword-rich language. This will help your job description show up in online job searches.
- Highlight the plant manager’s qualifications and requirements. Include information about education, experience, and certifications.
- Mention plant manager salary and benefits. Be sure to include a competitive salary range and information about your company’s benefits package.
- Use strong language to sell your company. Highlight your company’s culture, values, and mission.
- Use a plant manager job description template. This will help you format your job description and make sure you include all the important information.
Looking To Hire a Plant Manager?
If you’re looking for help with finding the right plant manager for your company, contact TruPath. We’re a leading recruitment firm that specializes in manufacturing jobs, and we can help you find the perfect candidate for your company. Request a consultation today.