When it comes to an HR event, is there such a concept as “too much fun?”
Not when it comes to the Annual SHRM Conference and Exposition! Possibly, more widely known this year as #SHRM17.
The TruPath team traveled to New Orleans in June to talk about the importance of searching for culturally-aligned talent; this is the backbone of our search firm’s approach. We walked away from the Southern heat with new friends and partners, several potential new clients and inspiration galore! Did I mention we had lots of fun?!
Featured Products and Services:
The #SHRM17 Annual Expo Hall was open June 18-20 to all conference attendees. Exhibitors came from across the U.S. to display thousands of products and services. The following were hot this year: Awards & Incentives, Drug/Alcohol Testing, Employee Compensation & Benefits, Executive Search, Family Care, Human Resource Information Systems, Management Consulting, Relocation, Seminars & Educational Programs, Temporary/Contract Personnel, Training & Development and Wellness.
#SHRM17 Crowd Pleasers!
Creative booth designs, special guests, and giveaways were the real attractions of the event! Curious to know what draws an HR crowd? Below are some of #SHRM17 hits:
- Fidget spinners – equally appealing to children and adults.
- Live Animals – specifically those accompanied by Jack Hanna – that came with an autograph and picture.
- Famous characters and lookalikes – complete with fun photo ops, of course!
- T-shirts – bonus points for the t-shirt presses allowing professionals to choose the color, size, and design.
Companies of all sizes are encouraged to participate in the SHRM Annual Conference. While extravagant booth designs or expensive giveaways may draw attendees, your product and customer service should differentiate you from the crowd. The below tips may seem basic, but they are key for any first-timers.
- Smile and engage the crowd – if you can leave chairs out of your booth, do it! But beware: standing on your feet all day isn’t easy…
- Don’t block yourself off from the attendees – invite them into your space. Think about angling your table or getting rid of it all together.
- Leave your cell phones at home! Kidding… But, put them away. If a phone is out, an exhibitor may seem disengaged.
- Consider purchasing scanning software to capture leads and follow up with attendees. It is easier for an attendee to have his/her badge scanned as opposed to carrying business cards around or filling out a paper survey. Technology!
- Give away swag that you think an attendee will use again. After you give it to them, how many more times will they see your brand? Don’t purchase items that are likely to get tossed.
Planning for 2018
If you are interested in exhibiting at the 2018 Annual SHRM Conference and Expo in Chicago, Illinois, CLICK HERE to book your booth today. The exhibits and sponsorship staff are extremely helpful. However, if you are looking for a smaller venue, several conferences are held throughout the year at state and national levels. TruPath will be at the Arizona State SHRM Conference and Expo in September. Stop by and see us!
As a trusted recruitment source for more than a decade, TruPath has the industry knowledge and a proven model to help our partners feel comfortable in their search for a candidate.
Through our TruProcess, we are able to consistently deliver exceptional candidates that help organizations continue down successful paths. Contact TruPath today to tell us about your staffing needs.