Company culture and employee engagement are two buzzwords floating around the C-Suite these days. How can you begin to put facts and figures together to show how important company culture and employee engagement really are to an organization’s bottom line?
Here are 20 company culture stats that you need to know:
#1: 64% of all employees do not feel they have a strong work culture
#2: 49% of all employees are not satisfied with their direct supervisor (that’s 1 out of every 2 employees for those of you who are keeping score at home…)
- #3: Companies with engaged employees outperform those without them by up to 202%
- #4: More than 1 in 4 employees do not have the appropriate tools to be successful in their jobs
- #5: Peers and camaraderie are the #1 reason employees go the extra mile, not money
- #6: 71% of employees are not fully engaged
- #7: Only 21% of employees feel strongly valued at work
- #8: 87% of the global workforce is disengaged
- #9: There’s 2.5x more revenue for companies with engaged employees versus competitors with low engagement levels.
- #10: $11 billion is lost annually due to employee turnover
- #11: 75% of people don’t quit their jobs; they quit their bosses.
#12: Highly engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave the company they work for than their counterparts
#13: Only 12% of employees leave their job for more money elsewhere
- #14: Turnover at companies with a poor culture is 48%
- #15: Turnover at companies with a great culture is just 14%
- #16: Happy workers are 12% more productive than the average worker and unhappy workers are 10% less productive
- #17: 63% of employees are not engaged at work and 24% are actively disengaged, leaving just 13% engaged in the work they’re doing
- #18: Unhappy employees take 15 more sick days each year than the average worker
- #19: Low engagement results in a 33% decrease in operating income and an 11% decrease in earnings growth
- #20: High engagement, however, results in a 19% increase in operating income and 28% increase in earnings growth
Convinced? Contact TruPath to find an exceptional leader that’s a cultural fit.