December is upon us—can you believe it?! You may be a little preoccupied with holiday planning, but don’t forget to take advantage of some AMAZING Community Events this month. Below, you will find TruPath’s December Community Events Calendar with details on the events we are interested in.
TruPath’s December Community Events
First, take a look at December Workshops:
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is hosting the SHRM Talent Symposium in Phoenix. This event is designed for recruitment and talent management professionals. The symposium offers tools, resources and solutions needed to evolve human capital strategies. This event is also a forum to make new connections and network.
- This full-day event is on Friday, December 2. It starts at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 4:15 p.m. Cost to attend is $225 for SHRM members and $279 for non-members.
Scottsdale Community College is hosting a panel discussion with local industry experts on the growing challenge for corporate IT leaders: ensuring that their employees’ skill sets keep pace with evolving virtualization and cloud computing technologies.
- This event will be held in the Turquoise Room located in the Student Center at Scottsdale Community College. It takes place on Thursday, December 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Registration is FREE to Arizona Technology Council (AZTC) members and $15 for non-members.
The Diversity Leadership Alliance (DLA) presents its monthly FREE workshop. December’s workshop is titled Emotional Intelligence & Diversity: Keeping Your Cool When Dealing with Hot Issues.
- This workshop will be held at Chandler-Gilbert Community College on Wednesday, December 21 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Next, check out this Philanthropy Event:
Ram Racing presents the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K supporting the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix (RMHC). Sign up today to prepare for your choice of 5K or 15K. RMHC is a “home away from home” for families with children facing medical challenges. The organization provides low-cost, temporary housing at one of the three Ronald McDonald Houses in the Valley.
- The race takes place on Sunday, December 4 at the Salt River Fields in Scottsdale. The 5K is $54 and starts a 7:30 a.m. The 15K is $79 and begins at 8:15 a.m.
Also, review Association Meetings:
The Phoenix Chapter of the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) hosts its December Chapter Meeting. Guests look forward to networking, dinner and a panel discussion. Topics include supply chain improvements, organizational synergies, and the changing business landscape due to the growth of the global economy.
- This meeting is a joint meeting in partnership with the American Society for Quality (ASQ). The session takes place on December 8 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and is FREE to guests.
The Professional Women’s Alliance presents Melissa Sanderson, Vice President of International Affairs for Freeport-McMoRan, Inc. Melissa will share her unique personal and career journey, starting as an investment banker and transitioning to diverse positions all over the world. This is one of TruPath’s December Community Events, but you will most likely find this event on each month’s calendar as each month offers a different female inspirational speaker. However, you do not need to be female to attend! Some of the past speakers include: Ambassador Barbara Barrett, Mi-Ai Parrish, Sybil Francis and Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema.
- This event is on Tuesday, December 6 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tickets are FREE for Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) members. If you are interested, the chamber member lunch is $30 and non-member lunch is $50.
Finally, don’t forget the Holiday Parties:
The Arizona Small Business Association (ASBA) presents its Fantasy of Lights Holiday Soiree. The event will include entrees, drinks, music, and more. You will also receive an admission to ZooLights for the evening.
- This event is on December 1 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Stone House Pavilion at the Phoenix Zoo. Tickets are $65 for ASBA members and $85 for non-members.
- The event is on December 8 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are FREE for SHRMGP members and $45 for non-members.
Now that you have seen TruPath’s December Community Events, please share with us what events you are interested in.
For all your hiring needs, contact the professionals at TruPath to find the right fit for your team.
As a trusted recruitment source for more than a decade, TruPath has the industry knowledge and a proven model to help our partners feel comfortable in their search for a candidate.
Through our TruProcess, we are able to consistently deliver exceptional candidates that help organizations continue down successful paths. Contact TruPath today to tell us about your staffing needs.